Live The Old You With The Help Of Nature
We live to die, as the saying goes. So everybody knows that we live, get old and die. Aging is a natural process that affects every cell, organ and body's function. As we age, function of our body decreases. Then, we have to rely on others for living as we started having diseases associated with old age. Sound so natural, but it is no fun.
The question arise is, why some of us age faster than the others? Is there a maximum age that people can live no matter how good you take care of your health or other interventions may be? And for people like us, how insights into longevity can be used to prevent the diseases associated with old age, and improve the quality of life though we are old?
Although chronological aging is inevitable, but with current research and studies, Institute of National Aging (NIA) working on many components of our cells, tissues or organ involved in the process of aging and by which mechanism they cause or react to aging. So, they are moving closer to unlock the secret of biological aging which may help us to understand the cause of disease associated with old age and perhaps the solutions for them.
According to health statistics available at US Center and Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 3/4 of all deaths are among person age of 65 and older. Majority of deaths are due to chronic condition, including heart disease and cancer, which are 2 leading causes of death among that age group for the past 2 decade.
|Old but happy|
The following conditions and chronic diseases are common in the elderly
- Cardiovascular diseases (CVD) -- Cancer
- High blood pressure
- Overweight and obesity
- Alzheimer's disease
- Eye disorders such as cataract and glaucoma
How do aging happens?
There are so many theories regarding biological human aging. They are primarily divided into 2 groups.
--Lifespan theory indicated aging follows biological timeline
--Wear and tear theory emphasize environmental assault to our system that gradually cause things to go wrong.
However, aging start from the cells. So, the prominent cellular and molecular hypothesis are described as follow, based on latest research on aging:
1. DNA damage and repair Research show that reducing DNA damage may have significant impact on prolong cellular life span. This can be done by polyphenols - resveratrol, natural phytonutrient found in certain plants. Resveratrol is proven to support health by modifying DNA damage, protect DNA as well as inducing DNA repair as shown by laboratory test.
2. Genetic regulators of aging Plant polyphenols have shown the ability to trigger key genetic regulators of cellular energy metabolism and longevity which positively impact the cellular aging process. A landmark study showed that resveratrol able to prevent negative impact of high fat diet to liver and heart, insulin resistance and blood sugar levels and even prevent damage of cellular mitochondria.
3. Mitochondrial aging and oxidative damage. To maintain cellular activities efficiently, optimal amount of mitochondria is needed. Laboratory studies indicate that certain polyphenols help in increasing the production of mitochondria and healthy mitochondrial function, and promote cellular energy biogenesis.
4. Accumulation of advanced glycation end product (AGE products) AGE protein are 1 type on protein that promote aging. Certain phytonutrients are shown to limit formation of AGE products, thus prevent their accumulation that cause negative impact to cardiovascular system. Research also suggest that consumption of specific grape polyphenols may have some benefit in influencing the progression of diabetic conditions.
The miracle of nature
Though we are moving to a modern world, but for health and beauty we are seem to go back to our ancient time as many researches and studies discovered that the natural surrounding ingredients are the elements that are needed in human health. I share few natural sources that will benefit and prolong good health and longevity.
The muscadine might be the answer to the people who are seeking natural ways to look and feel healthy. Scientist have found muscadine grapes filled with more healthy compounds than other grapes or food. Muscadine grapes and their seeds are one of the best source of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
The unique quality of muscadine grapes is their ability to heal themselves from disease, bacteria and fungi. This protective quality will also benefit those who consume this fruits, especially the seeds where phenolic compound are highly concentrated. Compare to other graped, muscadine grapes are 40 times more polyphenols, than found in red wine that is proven to prevent cardiovascular disease, to control blood sugar levels and aging process.
Elderberries are one of plants that used for many centuries for its health benefits. They are use in folk medicine for variety of disease, including arthritis, asthma, constipation and common colds.
Elderberries contains high concentration of potassium and large amount of vitamin C and has been proven to strenghten immune system. Elderberry is also a great source of anthocyanins that contains 3 times as much as carotenoids. They are powerful antioxidants that protect cells from damage caused by environmental toxins, food toxins and stress. It also reduces the damaging effects of bad cholesterol and discourage platelets from sticking to blood vessel walls, thus reducing the risk of atherosclerosis. Apart form that, it also benefit night vision because it makes rhodopsin or visual purple in the eyes.
Also known as Japanese Knotweed, is a natural source of revesratrol as well as red grape skin and red grape seed extract. Scientist have conducted many test and conclude that health benefits that brought by resveratrol are helps slow down the aging process, lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure, enhance athletic performance, and help in reducing weight.
We are so use to orange purple, and purple carrots seem strange, but they are excellent source of vitamin A and contain phytochemicals including carotenoids, phenolics, polyacetylenes, isocoumarins and sesquiterpens. Phytochemicals are plant chemicals that have antioxidants, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and other disease preventive properties.
Purple carrots also contain anthocyanins which also have high concentration of antioxidants and display a variety effects on blood vessels, platelets and lipoproteins that enable to reduce risk of coronary heart disease.
Secret of longevity
If you wonder how could you get all these plants to maintain your health and beauty. All of them are hardly found in Malaysia or even they are here, the price are so so so expensive that you are not even think to have them. But, Shaklee has blend all of these plants to benefit people health in their botanical anti-aging syrup called Vivix.
If you want to know more about Vivix, just leave me a whatsapp --012 621 1883, but don't worry as we go along, I shall provide you the health benefits of Vivix, one of my favorite products.